Double Cherry














SADIE WILLIAMS SS18 PRINTS



During my time with Sadie, I was lucky enough to play a large role in the production of the SS18 prints. Essentially, Sadie sketched her ideas, and I turned them into finished prints. Working on something like this was really exciting, as I can see my work within so many of the garments in her collection, from the knitwear + digitally printed pieces to the screen printed motifs + embroidered patches.

Working on the SS18 prints has taught me an invaluable amount about print design, colour management + file handling/digitisation. I feel confident that I can produce industry-standard, high quality print files. It's a surprisingly creative task, producing print files, as even though you're often interpreting someone else's idea, the end file you create can possess so much of your own character.

I've gained experience in the creation of print files for a variety of different mediums, including: screen print, digital print, heat transfer/collage, embroidery and knit patterns.

A highlight of mine was taking an initial graph-paper sketch of Sadie's all the way from a pencil drawing to a full-colour, full-scale knitwear design. It was really challenging making a tiled pattern that worked to the exact scale that was required, and that would also translate well once actually knitted. It was interesting having to adapt shapes to adjust the cost of the knit programming, as more complex shapes take more time to knit.

It was also really cool to be a part of the production of the SS18 set. I managed the production of the digitally printed lace that was then patchworked and sewn together to form the tent that was used in the presentation at LFW.